In 1915 a group of individuals from the Austinville area gathered and began discussing the possibility of forming a new church. The group started meeting in the school house located just south of town. By 1917 the group had grown to a significant size and on June 4 of that year the charter papers were drawn. In November of 1921 construction began on the church and parsonage. Later in the decade, a used Gieseche tracker action pipe organ was purchased from a church in the Chicago area. The organ is still used today and is one of three Gieseche pipe organs still in existence worldwide.
By 1964 our congregation had grown considerably and the facilities were over crowded. A building extension committee was formed and plans were drawn to expand the church. In 1966, the new addition was added, changing the orientation of the sanctuary and expanding the building to the south. The next year we celebrated our 50th anniversary.
In 1992 our congregation celebrated its 75th anniversary with many former members and pastors attending. Sons of the congregation, Rev. Timothy Limburg and Rev. Aldon Schaap participated in the celebration services.
In 1998 the basement was remodeled, adding a new men’s and women’s restroom. In 2001 a new foyer was built incorporating a handicapped accessible lift that travels the three levels of the church.
In July of 2017 the congregation celebrated 100 years of God's faithfulness and goodness with the return of a number of former pastors and members in a day filled rejoicing, fellowshiping and reminiscing.
The Austinville church holds the distinction of being the first English speaking Christian Reformed Church west of the Mississippi River. Seventeen pastors have served the congregation and hundreds have worshipped through our years of ministering to the Austinville area.
Today approximately 80 worshippers regularly attend. Children and adult Sunday Schools meet weekly as well as by-weekly womens and mens Bible Studies. Many members actively volunteer in the area youth activities, Awana and The Student Connection.
We enjoy ecumenical fellowship with churches from Ackley, Aplington and Parkersburg and regularly participate in joint worship and activities, including Community Holy Week Services, Community Bible School and Community Youth Ministries. In addition to supporting two missionaries, we support in Wellsburg, just 15 miles south of Austinville, as well as numerous other faith based groups and organizations.